Friday, March 15, 2013

Revived

Ever since we moved into our home my goal has been to hang things on the walls. Make my house a home. It took me 3 1/2 years...but I finally did it! And it feels so good.
 
While I was digging through my crafting closet a few weekends ago, I rediscovered some old frames my mother gave me years ago. I'm pretty sure they were from her crafting closet back in high school or college.
 
 
I never turn down a good frame, because there is always something worthy of being displayed and frames aren't cheap. So, when she asked me if I wanted them I jumped at the chance to add them to my collection of "to be used" craft items. They did sit in my closet for quite some time...years to be exact...but I knew a time would come for their beautiful reviving! So, I grabbed some paint, a brush, a cup of tea and got to it.
 
 

 
It's amazing what a little TLC and some leftover acrylic paint can do to spruce up an old, forgotten piece. I went with black just to keep things clean and uniformed. I already had a black frame in the spot I wanted to add the "new" frame too.

*The top frame is one of my "new" frames!
 
This free craft (I had all the supplies on hand) was just the thing the entrance to my home needed. Three and a half years of having been ignored so terribly, I am pretty pleased with it. And the best part, I still have 2 more frames to bring back to life...I've been searching for a reason to smarten them up! I'll keep you posted! Hope this inspires you all to get your craft on!
 
Until next time,
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. good stuff should always find a good home---xoxo!

    ReplyDelete