Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I'm ready, I'm ready, IIIIII'mmmm ready...

...for warmer days! This week is spoiling me already. The slightest hint that Spring is really just around the corner and possibly ready to settle in has me dying for flip flop weather, shorts and tank tops, weekends spent outside in the sun, and the beach...oh, the beach. I love the beach. I wish I were on the beach now, toes in the warm sand, shades on, and book in hand. Lazy and loving it. Ahhh....(imagine the part in a show where the screen starts to get squiggly and the picture fades into a new and better location...for me it's a white beach, sparkling ocean, and warm breezes....)

(mmm...shall we say here?)

(or here?...yes, please!)

This year, my family is on top of the vacation game. My sister-in-law, AY (no, her name is not Ay...those are her initials. Although, if that were her name I imagine there would be a lot of pirate references...."Ayyyyyyy, matey!") um....anyway, she did an awesome job of making everyone come to a decision and nail down a place for our summer beach getaway. This year we are trying something a little different and heading to Holden Beach. I am excited for the switch up of scenery from the usual Myrtle Beach. Not that I don't love Myrtle....but it seems everyone and their brother does as well. Sometimes it's nice to be one of only a few on the beach...actually, it's nice all the time. Myrtle used to be a lot more like that, but it has become quite the hot spot over the past few years. And since we are a big group, therefore requiring a good amount of space, it only made since to try something new for a change. Have any of you ever been to Holden?? Any tips on places to eat, go, see??

Our beach trip is still a ways off though and I'm afraid the second I let myself believe that this slight warmth is here to stay it will pack itself up and head right back out the door it walked it beautiful self in. So, for now, I won't be fooled. Just know that I love you warm weather and can't wait to spend as much of my time as possible enjoying you when you are here for good.

Until next time....


No comments:

Post a Comment