Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Here's to wishing everyItalicone a day filled with love and sweets!!! I can't believe it's 2011, I can't believe it's February, I can't believe we are halfway through the month and another Valentine's Day is upon us....man.

SWL and I showed a little extra love by going on a "day date" to the delicious Olive Garden, yum! I was so stuffed I didn't even have room for dessert. Shocking. I know. We were tempted to get some to go and then decided to pull the "healthy/smart" card and say, "Eh, we don't need it." As soon as the door shut behind us and we were walking to the car, I was second guessing my decision of turning down the scrumptiousness that is all of the desserts at O.G. But it was too late, I would look totally lame if I ran back inside, drooling, to order the dessert that I had just turned down...so I let it go.

That's probably why I decided to whip up some goodies of my own....mmmm. It always works out for the best when I fix the sweets I am craving. Not only do I get to fix exactly what I want but then I can scarf it down in the peace of my own home, not having to worry whether the person in the next booth is disturbed by the bits that seem to escape as I'm shoveling the goodness down the hatch. Anyway...back to the sweets!

I found this recipe over at an amazing site, Bakerella. And while my cake balls definitely didn't turn out looking anything like Bakerella's, I must say I thought they came out pretty tasty. I didn't follow the recipe 100%, I went with a Devil's Food Cake mix....and I think these would be good with any cake mix really. Here a few snapshots...


(ewww....)

(ahhh....)


(YUM!)


I hope you all have a great Valentine's Day and enjoy any sweets that come your way! Love you all!!

Until next time...











1 comment:

  1. I'm making cake pops for our baby shower tomorrow from Iambaker.net! I've never done it before and I'm hoping mine come out as cute as yours! :-)

    ReplyDelete