Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Time...it goes too fast...

...seriously, too fast. So bake. And eat. 
 
The weekend disappeared before I had a chance to even think about getting half of the things I wanted to done. BUT, there was a lot of good family time had with those we see far too little AND I was able to get some baking done. I feel like baking is my go-to option for a "no stress-no need to think-instant gratification" escape these days. Not a bad option, considering I get to enjoy the time it takes to bake whatever goodness pops into my head and then chow down on it after!
 
The goodness from this weekend was a Fresh Peach Pound Cake recipe I discovered on the beloved Pinterest. Get it here...RECIPE!!
 
I had half-dozen peaches leftover from a stop at a local market on the way home from the beach that needed to be used before they turned to mush...this was the perfect recipe. It was super easy to whip everything together and then just bake and cool. It's a delicious summer dessert (or mid-day snack) with a little vanilla ice cream thrown on the side.
 
 
My only critique for the recipe is that I feel the peach schnapps is a little strong. I am not a fan of being able to taste any liqueur in cakes. I prefer the sweetness that comes from either the fruit or the sugar! I'm not sure how you might change this...leave the schnapps out, add more milk, etc. But other than me being picky about the schnapps, this was definitely a hit with all who ate it.
 
Soooo not my cake. I wish my turned out like this...
 
If you're looking for an easy summery cake to take to your next cookout, I recommend this one paired with a tub of vanilla ice cream!
 
What are some of your favorite, go-to Pinterest recipes?
 
Until next time,
 
 

1 comment:

  1. We are providing detailed information of digital marketing and all covering areas of digital marketing, it includes SEO, SEM, SMO, SMM etc.
    https://www.wayanadempire.com/

    ReplyDelete