Monday, January 3, 2011

All wrapped up


Another Holiday season, New Year celebration....another year, all wrapped up. I really can't believe it is 2011, already. I feel like I just graduated from high school, just finished college, just got married... Time passes so quickly. I'm sure there were millions of resolutions made this New Year, usually all along the lines of eat better, work out, drop a bad habit, read more, etc. I won't lie, I'm right there with everyone else when it comes to cliche resolutions. In fact, mine were 3 of the 4 that I mentioned. But recent events, have forced me to push my focus in a different direction this year. While I still want to eat better, work out more, and all of that, I want to do it with different purpose.

Time does pass quickly and before you know it all the things we allow ourselves to get so wrapped up in aren't such a big deal anymore. The world has presented so many things to distract us from the simple beauty's, truth's, and joy's in life. It's easy to forget, or better yet...overlook, that which is supposed to mean the most to us. I am guilty. I need to refocus.

God, family, true friends, simplicity...this is where I resolve to keep my focus in 2011. I'm not saying it won't be easy to get distracted, it's always easy to stray. But I am entering the year knowing this is my goal and knowing that on the other end is real happiness.

I hope your New Year celebration was blessed and the blessing continues through the entire year. Resolutions are just decisions until they are put into motion. So it's time to get moving. Thanks for stopping in, until next time.






No comments:

Post a Comment