Thursday, August 26, 2010

Its time...


...time for the Shenandoah County Fair! As sad as I am that this time of year usually means the end of summer is literally right around the corner and cold weather will be here before you know it, I love love love (one more) love the fair!!! If you are from the area and have any idea what I am talking about you probably already have your tickets in hand and your schedule mapped out. You know exactly where you will be heading for your first taste of fair goodness - Shaffer's for a BBQ platter, the booth second from the right of the grandstand for a funnel cake (extra powdered sugar), down towards the dairy barns for a scoop (or two) of ice cream, the lemonade stand for the biggest reusable cup of fresh squeezed lemonade you can get, or maybe your cup of tea is the new stand where you can get a deep fried Oreo...I'll be having all of it please! I am particularly excited by the fact that Josh Turner will be here to sing a tune (which I will unashamedly join in on even if I do sound slightly, shall we say, "off tune"). And the Derby, oh how I can't get enough of the Derby (caps because it is that important to me). Front row, stage tickets, dirt flying (I'm talking you have to wear protective gear flying), ear plugs because it is so loud, pure awesome. Ahhhh....it all starts tomorrow!!

If you have no idea what I am talking about...shame on you. Seriously, and maybe I am a bit biased, but I think the Shenandoah County Fair is the bees knees people. Check it out, get your tickets, and get there! :0) And if you miss it this year, it's never too early to plan for next year!

Hope to see you all there!
~HAL

No comments:

Post a Comment