Thursday, July 15, 2010

4 Years....*amazing deep sigh*

I am blessed to say that today marks the 4 year anniversary of a really special day in my life. At this point, the most special...and I'm not too sure that there is anything (maybe childbirth) that will surpass it. My loving husband, SWL, and I were married 4 years ago today. In what I like to think is one of the most beautiful and calming places in the area, here, we said our "I Do's" and started our life together. I couldn't be more happy than I am when I think back on the time we've had together thus far and the many journey's we still have ahead. He's my hero who takes the time to "remove" any bug that might come across my path, the guy who mows the lawn, checks the gutters at 3am, and gets up with the Pup when "you know who" won't wake up, he's my best friend, my biggest crush and my love. Here's to us!

With wedding season in full force...I think I have 3 close friends planning a wedding right now...what are some tips when it comes to making your big day all that you could've ever hoped for? (Brides-to-be and those of us who have already tied the knot)
For me it was keeping things simple. I wanted classic on a budget. So, the venue we chose (the linky above) was just right. I let nature do the talking when it came to decorations. Therefore...
Tip #1: When it comes to decor for your fairytale day, be sure to take in all your surroundings before you break out the ribbon and bows. Knowing what will already work with your colors/scheme can help to keep things crisp, clean, beautiful, and not to mention help to save a few buckaroos for the Honeymoon!

Please share your tips by commenting on my post! Thanks for stopping by!! ~HAL

1 comment:

  1. Heather! CONGRATS! You and S are so adorable together :)

    My tips:

    1) Figure out what's important to you and be willing to compromise in the other areas. If the PERFECT dress is simply necessary, maybe be willing to be more flexible with the flowers.

    2) Delegate! Trust your bridesmaids and family members and friends to help you out. they love you and want your day to be as perfect as possible, so let them help.

    3) Consider having two photographers. They don't both have to be professionals or anything :) But if you have two, chances of having a variety of shots increases dramatically

    4) The most important piece of advice I could ever give a bride: remember that the wedding is just a day, but the marriage is for a lifetime. Talk with your fiance about more than wedding stuff while you're engaged. Keep your relationship beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete