Thursday, October 14, 2010







After doing some reading, thinking, taking a 45 minute power walk to think it over some more and then feeling like I might have actually stumbled on the first piece to reaching my goal of being organized - I decided to write it down. Here it goes...

It starts with how you think, can you believe it? At least with me it does. My thoughts, how I view my organization (or lack there of) and my perception of others "organization". I throw quotations around the word organization here because of the following reason and this is exactly my first point. I find that often I compare my life to others and more times than not I allow myself to continually come out on the end of drawing the short stick. For example, it doesn't matter that the entire weekend I might've cleaned and straightened the house, planned the meals for the coming week, and washed the dog, come Monday if I see anyone that looks like they might be slightly more put together than I feel, I start comparing and losing. For all I know, the person(s) I am comparing myself to could have done nothing all weekend and be totally NOT put together and only look like the have it all figured out.

So this is my plan. My first step to "Organizing Me" is going to be changing the way I think and feel about the lists that I check off (completely or partially), the time that I spend relaxing, and how I stack myself up to those around me. Really, it isn't a competition...and it shouldn't feel like one! I do it to myself and its time to stop.

It's not necessarily about "coming out on top" when I compare, it's more about realizing that there are differences in everyone's life and accepting/appreciating what makes my own unique! I'm committed...I'm in need...and I'm ready! So for the rest of this week (and hopefully the rest of my life) I am going to make a conscious effort to change the way I think and look at my life compared to others.

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment